I'm looking for...
***** Wanted: Interscholastic Sports Officials *****Are you interested in becoming a sports official for Section VI?Please click below to submit your information.Section VI is seeking certified Sports officials to officiate contests for our member schools in Western New York, including Niagara, Orleans, Erie, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules of the sport and be able to enforce them during play.
- Ensure that the sport is played safely.
- Maintain control of participants and the contest within the framework of rules and Section VI policies.
- Abide by NYSED qualifications and requirements.
- Available to work on weekends upon request.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Attend official organization training sessions and meetings.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of Certification program.
- Knowledge of appropriate sports rules.
- Strong communication skills since they often have to explain rulings to coaches or players.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the sport of interest.
- Fair-minded and impartial
Sports and levels:
- Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track & Field, Volleyball & Wrestling.
- Modified (7th & 8th grade), JV, Varsity
Rate of Pay:
In accordance with the 2018-2022 agreement between the Western New York Sports Officials and the member schools of Section VI, NYSPHSAA. Click here for current fees ->2018-2022 Officials Fee Schedule
Last Modified on April 27, 2022