PROSPECTIVE SPORTS OFFICIAL DIRECTIONS
Prospective sports officials must be fingerprinted and cleared with NYSED in order to work Section VI hosted athletic contests. Prospective sports officials may skip the fingerprinting process if they are already on file with NYSED. To check clearance status, prospective officials may call the Section VI office at 821-7365.
Fingerprint services are provided by a third party vendor - MorphoTrust (IDENTIGO). If you need to be fingerprinted, please click on the following link and follow the instructions or call 877-472-6915
Please note the following when making your fingerprint appointment:
- Section VI’s ORI Code is 14ZGR7
- When asked to select certified or employment, choose employment
- The fingerprint application fee is $99.00 (effective July 14, 2017). Online credit card payments are not accepted when scheduling appointments. The fee may be paid on-site at the time of the fingerprinting appointment with check, money order or credit card (cash is not accepted).
- Applicants will need to provide forms of photo ID (ie. driver license, etc.) as required by IDENTIGO at their fingerprinting appointment.
- Full NYSED Fingerprint details are located at this address: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tsei/ospra/fpprocess.html
Additional Items Required by Section VI office:
Items #1 through #4 must be mailed.
1. Affidavit: The affidavit MUST be notarized. Affidavits are required by Erie 1 BOCES and Section VI for each candidate being processed under SAVE legislation. Click “affidavit” to open and print the form.
2. W9 Form: IRS request for Taxpayer Identification Number (Social Security Number). Click “W9” to open and print the form.
3. Check or money order in the amount of $10, made payable to Section VI, to cover all processing fees.
4. Copy of drivers license
Item #5 must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
5. Head shot photo (color, solid background, no hat or sunglasses). This photo will be used to create your Section VI ID card and uploaded to the profile of your ArbiterOne account. This ID card must be brought to all Section VI contests to provide proof of fingerprint clearance.
6. Register for ArbiterPay
Once items #1 through #5 are complete, a Section VI ArbiterOne account (software that manages referee game assignments) will be created for the prospective official and instructions to log in will be emailed to the email address provided on the affidavit. Once a Section VI ArbiterOne account is created, the prospective official MUST register for ArbiterPay. ArbiterPay is an electronic payment software application to manage sports officials’ payments. ArbiterPay is an option for school districts within Section VI to use. As such, all Section VI officials must register for ArbiterPay.
Click here for instructions.
If you already have an ArbiterPay account, you must manually link to Section VI’s account (#103437). Directions to do so are listed on slide #4 of the registration instructions.Beth Fadeley Pauline Turski716-821-7365 716-821-7581Section VI355 Harlem RoadWest Seneca, NY 14224