***** Wanted: Interscholastic Sports Officials *****
Section VI is seeking certified Sports officials to officiate contests for our member schools in Western New York, including Niagara, Orleans, Erie, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules of the sport and be able to enforce them during play.
- Ensure that the sport is played safely.
- Maintain control of participants and the contest within the framework of rules and Section VI policies.
- Abide by NYSED qualifications and requirements.
- Available to work on weekends upon request.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Attend official organization training sessions and meetings.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of Certification program.
- Knowledge of appropriate sports rules.
- Strong communication skills since they often have to explain rulings to coaches or players.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the sport of interest.
- Fair-minded and impartial
Sports and levels:
- Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track & Field, Volleyball & Wrestling.
- Modified (7th & 8th grade), JV, Varsity
Rate of Pay:
In accordance with the 2013-2018 agreement between the Western New York Sports Officials and the member schools of Section VI, NYSPHSAA. Click here for current fees ->2013-2018 Officials Fee Schedule
Are you interested in becoming a sports official for Section VI?
Please click below to submit your information.
Thank you for your interest